Notice board: COVID-19 Updates
The well-being of our members and program participants is our priority in this evolving story. The Lifesaving Society is carefully monitoring the public health and safety risk associated with the evolving COVID-19 outbreak.
On the basis of the most current scientific information available and current best practices in Canada, the Lifesaving Society Nova Scotia Branch is recommending the following:
1. All Lifesaving Training Programs and Events will cease until further notice.
2. This includes Swim For Life, Swim To Survive, Bronze, National Lifeguard, Leadership and all First Aid Training.
3. A re-assessment of this recommendation will be made as the situation changes. We will provide updates as required.
• All Lifesaving Sport events are cancelled until further notice; this includes the Maritime Surf Lifesaving Championship that was scheduled for Martinique Beach on August 8.
• All Swim to Survive programs are cancelled until further notice.
Aquatic and First Aid Award Extensions
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the closure of many businesses and facilities and the cancellation of certification and recertification courses. To support staff and the re-opening of these facilities and businesses, the Lifesaving Society will extend the validity of any awards required for employment that expired between March 1, 2020 to September 24, 2020. This includes National Lifeguard, Bronze Cross and First Aid certifications.
Certificates will not be reprinted. Employers and employees do not need to take any actions to qualify for the extensions.
We are proud to offer our Members the opportunity to help fund their education. You may be eligible to receive one of these awards if you are a Lifesaving Society award holder who is currently enrolled in a full-time post-secondary education course for the 2019-2020 academic year. The basic criteria for the selection for the scholarships are as follows: proven dedication to the vision of the Lifesaving Society, active involvement in the Nova Scotia Society; including examining, volunteering and program instruction as well as academic performance. Applicants must review and submit the Scholarship Cover Letter and the Scholarship Application Package.
Deadline- Applications are due Friday, August 14 at 4pm
Join our Team
Call for Nominations- Board of Directors
Lifesaving Society is looking for nominations for our Board of Directors. For more information on the position and the nominations application form: click here.
Deadline- Applications are due Friday, July 17 at 5pm